Sunday, January 25, 2004

Welcome to Buangkok, a million miles from care. In fact, a million miles from anywhere


Today, I managed to see other people apart from my family, by visiting my platoon mate's new flat in a new housing estate called Buangkok. I went only because I was curious to see what Buangkok looked like. It is very far. You can see Johor from the upper floors. It was a very nicely done up flat though, complete with government issued bomb shelter. A bomb shelter on the 16th floor sounds ludicrous, and everyone I spoke to didn't have any explanation as to how people would survive trapped in a bomb shelter on the 16th floor when the rest of the building is hit by a bomb. Being Singaporeans, most people preferred not to question the government's apparently unexplainable wisdom, and continued using their bomb shelters as spare store rooms.


<< Home