Thursday, July 22, 2004

More presents


iTunes is playing: Body And Soul - Benny Goodman - Clarinet a' la king
This must really be some milestone. I received more birthday wishes and gifts than in the last five years put together. Then again, it's probably because I announced it to the world instead of trying to ignore my birthday, hoping it'd go away. Perfect fit. Thank you wifey. Now we have matching phone covers on matching phones. Thank you wifey again! I also received a birthday card from a junior college form teacher of mine. She never forgets my birthday. About five years ago, she came and visited me in Sydney and stayed with me for a week. It was quite surreal. I couldn't stop addressing her as Miss Toh, even though she was conversing with me in Mandarin and Hokkien. She taught me GP and History, so it just sounded so wrong for her to speak in anything other than English. Miss Toh is a lovely, lovely woman who tolerated me when she shouldn't have, but she did kick me in the backside at crucial moments. So it was quite a humbling moment when I realised she had come to Sydney to get away from mad things back home, and to ask me for guidance. Please lah, Miss Toh, that is so wrong! You used to kick me out of class, and now you want me to advise you? I hope she's keeping well. I'm gonna call her tomorrow. She's gonna wanna know what's up with me, whether I'm nicely settled down yet. I'm gonna tell her about my wifey, my angels, and all the good stuff they've done for me. Oh yah. And I'm gonna tell her she's an angel too.


5 Comments:

Blogger Mezz said...

I swear I thought the covers were black...Ack, I'm getting colour blind! *kakaka* YOU are most welcomed, Myigsy dear. :)

7/22/2004 04:11:00 AM  
Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

amazing - you hang with your teachers?

7/22/2004 09:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww that's so sweeet miyagi. I remember hanging out with this teacher in secondary school too. Mmm. Cool teachers are great. - evie

7/22/2004 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Mr Miyagi said...

This teacher was not 'cool' in the traditional sense. She was a strict disciplinarian and pious person. I didn't hang out with her till she called one fine day and asked if she could stay at my flat in Sydney.

7/22/2004 03:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wuah, how many angels u've got har?! and your tutor's one of them?! *eyes wide*

7/23/2004 12:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home