Thursday, August 05, 2004

Beautiful Day


iTunes' party shuffle is playing: Beautiful Day - U2 - The Best & The B-Sides Of 1990-2000 (Disc 1: The Best Of)
Today I used up a bit of one of my birthday presents, a 'six-pack' of beers 'from around the world', lovingly selected from Cold Storage. It was a mind-sapping day, so I thought, what better than to crack open a bottle with the biggest kick. Hoegaarden De Verboden Vrucht. So fruity, macam like fruit punch, but oh what a punch. Then in the middle of the night, I took a drive to nowhere but ended up at a McDonald's drive through I'd never driven through before, and called the wife to see if she wanted some nuggets. She said I was evil, but OK, one six piece McNugget and an iced Milo please. I said McDonald's where got ice Milo one? Are you trying to make me make a fool of myself like the time I drove through without stopping at the ordering booth and went straight to pick up and stared at the staff and they stared right back at me? A while later, we sat at the kitchen table and ate our non-supersized meals with one iced Milo and a medium Coke. Rough day or not, it's not all that bad if I can sit down and share a meal with the wife at the kitchen table. Later, I watched her pack for her trip. Go ahead, knock yerselves out. 8.5%!


4 Comments:

Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

You're so macho, then you drink ho's garden.

Aiyah... maybe you be metrosexual.

8/05/2004 09:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nute people on the beer bottle? - evie

8/05/2004 10:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just had dat last nite :) and yeap...wat a punch indeed. besh! - jahat

8/05/2004 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger Mr Miyagi said...

You know, like I mean, De Verboden Vrucht is like, you know, Belgish for like The Forbidden Fruit, which is I mean, like a reference to the Bible you know, where Adam and Eve and all that were not allowed to eat the Apple and shit, and they were like, totally naked like?

8/06/2004 05:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home