Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Orgasmic organic wholesome goodness


It was my grandmother who introduced me to organic foods. She used to live in a shophouse in Seremban where she kept livestock together with my uncles and aunts on the 2nd floor, and where she also planted all manner of herbs and spices in little pots on the balcony. There was also a papaya tree on the balcony that eventually crashed, pot and all into the back lane below, but that's another story. Once, when I misbehaved (to a greater degree than I usually did), she put me in the cage that held the fiercest live gobbledegooking turkey on the planet. Imagine, if you will, a snotty, grimy four year old, terrified out of his wits, grabbing at the chicken wire, screaming for forgiveness, getting snottier and grimier and, not to mention, soiled, on account of fear-induced defecation, and you'd imagine a four-year-old me, being attacked from head to foot by Thanksgivingosaurus Max. In a cage. Watched by Granny and Uncles and Aunts. Like a Gladiator. Not. And so, it was with that happy memory that I was re-introduced to organic foods on Sunday at Bunalun (Chip Bee Gardens, opp. Holland Village). I can't remember exactly what I ate, only that it was good. The wild rice wild something something went really well with the wild pita bread with wild avocado and nabeh-sibeh hot wild chili padi, as did the wild olive wild puree wild dip. Only the coffee was a little tame. A few minutes after brunch, I felt this almost overwhelming sensation of goodness in my tummy. I kid you not. Your body likes this organic food, and this organic food likes your body back. I felt so good I even managed to read theNew Paper on Sunday and Sumiko Tan's Fear & Loathing in Blog Vegas word for word. I have decided. When I get married, the wedding fare will be from Bunalun. Ten course meal of wild something something with wild something somethings for everyone! Bunalun Bunalun Bunalun Bunalun Surf stop: Sheylara Everyone Loves You When You're Down from the album "Everyone Loves You" by Naomi

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,



10 Comments:

Blogger Sheylara said...

This is just freaky. I had just finished blogging (whining) about how I must only eat vegetables and other organic food because I found out just today that A blood type people (me) are not meant to eat meat and processed food.

And then I came here and there you have a brand new entry on organic food.

Is this a sign? I hope not, because I'm a meat lover.

8/02/2005 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Threez said...

BUNALAN IS BEST. I bought their Cardamom Marmalade (9.5 Stars) and their Grapefruit Marmalade (7.5 Stars) home after scarfing their prawn salad and organic lasagne down. Awesome.

See you made me hungry ...

8/03/2005 12:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The avocado looks amazing.

8/03/2005 06:30:00 AM  
Blogger nadnut said...

awwww. you make organic food sound sooo good. hmmm.

*ponders on trying*

8/03/2005 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger zeenie said...

talking about marraige already? LOL

8/03/2005 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude... you gotta try their tomato ketchup....really good stuff!!!

8/03/2005 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger andrew said...

fwah lao eh, for that kind of price, it's a wild, wild west out on the organic frontier.

8/03/2005 01:26:00 PM  
Blogger Illicitus said...

Putting a 4 year old kid in a cage with a turkey of epic porportions is kinda f*cked up. Really though.

Turkeys aren't known for going down on their bellies and pecking at your feet affectionately are they?

8/03/2005 03:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha. your granny sounds like a fierce proper woman. it's so good to have you back blogging like old. thanks from a reader.

8/03/2005 03:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Organic food washed and cooked in sai chwee (ie. newater) -- even more organic. Uniquely Singapore.

8/04/2005 10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home