Sunday, May 02, 2004

Hwyl brain cells, hwyl


After suffering terminal boredom for most of the night, looking through my extensive MP3 collection and sending some songs to a similarly nocturnal net addict, I developed breakfast cravings. Dim sum. Yum Cha. Somehow, with backside stuck firmly to antique chair, instead of going to the kitchen, I googled siew mai, Shw Mae, and xiumai. Shw Mae (pronounced xiumai) is an informal greeting in Welsh! I now have a new pet foreign language. Hopefully I'll learn the rudimentary phrases better than when I attempted Korean and abandoned it after I realised I couldn't fool everyone by ending every sentence with imnida or hamnida. I'll probably end up greeting my half-welsh cousins with 'Har Gow' instead of Shw Mae. But being half-chinese, they'd probably understand anyway.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home