Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Our hearts are not in it


Chinese New Year being so close to Valentines Day is a double whammy. The relatives will be at it, the well-meaning friends will be at it. The perpetually single and desperate will be at it. The Vietnamese/Kalimantanese bride agencies will be at it. Some among us singulars will be feeling mighty lonely, and for some of us, denial sets in hard and fast. So far, I've only read women who've voiced anxiety about the next fortnight. The boyz? Boh Chup! From IdleThink:
but Cupid can eat my shorts. (I mean, he already ate his own).
From LMD:
My friends are at it again. I have to give them credit for persistence.
From Panicky Pussy:
...Jesus Christ, can't a girl have any peace?! After work, I just want to go home and relax. I don't want to go out, I don't want to make conversation while I'm working, I don't want you to SMS me to have sweet dreams and I sure as hell don't want you to whisper sweet nothings into my ear over the phone... ...Vday is coming up dammit.
From Ma vie en direct:
...Anyway, mom just pulled that on me again when she asked if I was tired from getting home so late tonight. Stupidly, I said that I did feel a smidge worn, and she retorted that I needed to get married. If I got married then I wouldn't be so tired...
From ppBlogz:
...I've always envied mums with lots of kids to take care of (with a little help from the maids, of coz) but geeze housewives have alot of problems too! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence hehehe. It's good to be single and freeeeeee.... for now.
Straits Termite Co. Pte Ltd Wanna buy termites? I have lobang!
Surf stop: Surf stop? Surf stop? Give you five chick blogs you still want Surf stop? Wah lao eh!


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where's my key to my bomb shelter...

9

2/02/2005 12:32:00 AM  
Blogger veola said...

oh we'll be init awwrite...alwayz last minute...eleventh hour

2/02/2005 03:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home