Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Using my powers for good and not evil


iTunes' party shuffle is playing: I Bid You Goodnight - Aaron Neville - Warm Your Heart
The other night I came home late and tired and went to say hello to my nephew's hamsters. One of the little bastards bit me. Then I giggled all the way back to my room and to sleep, wondering if it had been a radioactive hamster, whether I'd wake up and be bestowed superhero powers as 'Hamster Man', and what my costume would look like. Then the next morning I woke up and still had a balance of unfinished giggles. So I told my friends about Hamster Man, and I was glad they understood where I was coming from. Then I wondered if having these thoughts were an impediment to my ever figuring out the loose ends in the thing that I call my life. At the risk of being labelled copycat again, I quote E M Forster's epigraph to 'Howard's End': 'Only connect'. Try as I may, nothing seems to want it. 'No, not yet. No, not there'.


6 Comments:

Blogger maisie said...

Hi there. You are daydreaming? Bet you smile to yourself a lot.

10/06/2004 07:21:00 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

I don't think you'll need a costume. Heeheehee. Also, Hamster Man would just chew off his loose ends.

"What big teeth you have, Hamster Man."

"All the better to chew off loose ends with."

10/06/2004 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger cour marly said...

You're free to steal my ideas for a nominal fee. Discounts available for bulk pilfering. Inquire within.

10/06/2004 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Cowboy Caleb said...

hamster man?
hamster man?

Dude, this gay stuff not cool leh?

hamster man indeed. well I never.

10/06/2004 01:55:00 PM  
Blogger littlecartnoodles said...

Fit a big wheel to Senoko Power Station and Hamster Man can meet Singapore's power needs for the next ... well, until he gets tired.

10/06/2004 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Jurismei said...

Hamster man. That is not sexy at all. I imagine him to be fat with a hairy back. Nasty.

10/06/2004 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home