Thursday, May 05, 2005

I am a weenner!


I'm a poster boy for reservist duty I'm a poster boy for Reservist duty! Whaddya know? They ran my dulce et decorum est pro patria mori story on the National Servicemen's website (MIW - Mindef Internet World). Last month, I submitted one of my old posts from here as an entry in a contest organized by them. I was hoping for a big prize, like two years off reservist training or something. Instead I now have an MIW water bottle, a CD of Army songs by Jack Neo, Dick Lee and Sheikh Haikel and a two week pass to California Fitness. As Cowboy Caleb said to me, 'what you think? They give you Toyota Camry ah?' Must tell them to buck up. Else every month, like this month, mine will be the only entry they'll receive. Mindef website runs my army story Wow, I won! Who'dve thunk it?
iTunes' party shuffle is playing a copy of: Helpless - k.d. lang - Hymns Of The 49th Parallel, of which I have the original CD and therefore didn't steal music.


8 Comments:

Blogger Han said...

that's a great piece of writing btw. they shoulda given you a better prize lah.

5/05/2005 09:33:00 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

i enjoyed reading that! :)

5/05/2005 10:15:00 PM  
Blogger PP said...

Wowsers... weenner man! Your shirt looks really familiar... where did you get it?

5/05/2005 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Couldnt help laughing at the 'dulce et decorum est pro patria mori'.

5/06/2005 02:05:00 AM  
Blogger r.ang said...

ooh! love those shades you have on in the photo! =P so 'top gun' feel eh.

5/06/2005 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Nowsaday someone very chiselled looking.

5/06/2005 09:58:00 AM  
Blogger LittleRedDotGuru said...

It is damn ironic that the first winner of the "official" NS blog competition is the creator of the "unofficial" NS blog. Damn ironic.

5/06/2005 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger paul said...

congratulations dude. hey i met that chick cassandra while working the recent motor show! She's 'ot.

5/06/2005 02:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home