Tuesday, January 11, 2005

My son keeps playing internet games


That was the search phrase used on Google by an obviously concerned parent yesterday, and somehow this glob appeared on the results pages. Funny, that. So, you kiddies out there, watch out, don't play so much, your parents are very up to date on matters pertaining to technology and they know what you're up to. I tell you, they really read up and research extensively. My aunts, uncles and miscellaneous older relatives all like to ask known authorities on things to do with technology, and every Chinese New Year, they'd ask me, because I am a known authority on things to do with technology. "Wah, this ingterneck very good ah? No need to write letter anymore, just emu can already! You have emu? You emu me lah! I have emu! I have hotmew! You emu me to auntie underscore lilly at hotmew dock com lah! I check my emu every day one! What is your emu?" This was maybe two New Years ago. Last year was: "I have brogbang! My grandchurren all oversea also got brogbang! Can talk and see each other, you know!?" This year it could very well have to do with blogging, seeing as my mug's been on the telly and on the papers, and some family friends have already been asking about blogging (No, auntie, blogging is not just for teeng agers.) Better than the aunties twittering on about "Boy ah, why not married yet? Why no girlfriend?" (Because I still want to get ang pow from you, is why, auntie). Then again, it could very well turn out to be: "Boy ah, why not married yet? Why no girlfriend? Use ingterneck lah! My grandson always use ingterneck! ICQ lah, IRC lah, Messenger lah, all can make friends what! Ingterneck good you know? Now got brogbang, can talk and see each other also you know?!" Auntie, I don't have webcam. "Why no webcam? I have webcam you know?! Webcam and brogbang!" Shudder. (Shudder, sekali Auntie Lilly read this blog, tomorrow sure got emu from her.) Part of George Bush's $10,000 donation
Surf stop: Antipixel
iTunes' party shuffle is playing a copy of: Pebble Beach - Vince Guaraldi Trio - Jazz Impressions Of A Boy Named Charlie Brown, of which I have the original CD and therefore didn't steal music.


5 Comments:

Blogger littlecartnoodles said...

Wah, your Auntie Lilly steady leh ... my mum still can't figure out the Phone Book on her Nokia hang-foong.

1/11/2005 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had to explain in layman terms what computer and CDs are to my granduncle.

Granduncle: "What is this?". (Pointing to the CD)
Me: "CD"
Granduncle: "CD. What is it for?"
Me: "CD play music and play games. Watch movie"
Granduncle asks again ... and again ... and again
Granduncle: "Like cassette lah!"
Me: "Ya ya ya. Like cassette. Like cassette"

In the end my Granduncle taught me to explain CD in layman terms.

1/11/2005 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Vera said...

hahaha your Auntie Lily is so cute!

My mama thinks the internet is eeevil...

1/11/2005 08:30:00 PM  
Blogger Sheena said...

Your Auntie Lilly is jst so freaking damn cute. I think she's cool, man.

1/12/2005 12:04:00 AM  
Blogger Jayaxe said...

Cool auntie you've got. Does she has a blog? I'm curious to know if the contents are full of gossips. Heh.

1/12/2005 01:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home