Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Camillus Parker Bowles? Dowan!


I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains, I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways, I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests, I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans, I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard...
OK lah, not half so dramatic. But today I met a real estate agent named Camillus, and he and his colleague, with a name so normal I forget what it is, showed me and my business partners a few locations around Singapore for our business. They were a great help. So if you're thinking there's a funny somewhere in this, go back to the second sentence of this paragraph. Then there was the conversation between the coffee stall auntie and a customer at the coffee stall downstairs of my office building:
Uncle, want to eat what? Got what? Got Chee Cheong Fun Chee Cheong Fun dowan! Got Nasi Lemak Nasi Lemak dowan! Got Chai Tow Kuay Chai Tow Kuay dowan! Got Char Png Char Png dowan! Got Orh Kuay Orh Kuay dowan! Got curry puff Curry puff dowan! ... Got what other thing? No more already.
It's rough. Spare a thought for the coffee shop auntie. And spare a thought for the Prime Minister when he asks the populace what type of Singapore we want. No more already. Dowan this type of Singapore? Siao!
iTunes' party shuffle is playing a copy of: New York State Of Mind - Billy Joel - Greatest Hits - Volume 1 (1973 - 1980), of which I have the original CD and therefore didn't steal music.


3 Comments:

Blogger seekingasylum said...

heh miyagi...like the post. love the snapshots at the end of each one too...keep up the good work.

5/17/2005 06:57:00 PM  
Blogger zeenie said...

Could be worse...... have a typo and the name becomes bowels....LOL (incidentally an NZ newspaper did just that. hahahaha)

5/18/2005 11:22:00 AM  
Blogger Ris said...

I like your blog.. will drop by more often...

5/18/2005 05:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home