Thursday, June 23, 2005

A boy's gotta look nice too


This going on leave business gave me back my life this week and I still don't know what to do with it. By the time I figure it out, it'll be back to work. Getting increasingly frustrated and saddened by matters of the heart and other parts, I did what any boy would want to do - I went and got a haircut. Actually, what prompted the emergency haircut was the TODAY artist's caricature. That upset me a lot this morning. I couldn't eat my breakfast after looking at it. Cheryl the Chio Stylist was too busy to take any appointments, so I settled for Jonathan the guy stylist. Cheryl did say hi and thank me for saying nice things about her (on this blog! she read!) though. Izorg the shampoo boy / apprentice didn't seem as happy. Jonathan ran a comb through my hair and said, 'are you balding or do you have a receding hairline?' So I showed him the TODAY caricature and said, 'See this? Fix it'. And he said, 'OK, I'll give you a fringe'. Having a new, unfamiliar stylist makes you make the obligatory small talk, and today, I offered, 'yeah, my hair is confirm very messy one, and stubborn, because it's the curse of being a Hainanese man'. Jonathan says, 'You Hainanese? Me too? See?', and he takes off the beanie he's wearing to show me his unmanageable hair and receding hairline. You know he's earned his customer's confidence by doing that, and he gets me a pretty decent upgrade on my hairstyle, which I am now still wearing proudly before I sleep and flatten the parts that aren't supposed to be flat. Hopefully I'll still look like Sonic the Hedgehog tomorrow morning. So stylo. polaroidonizer Polaroidonizer Sweetest Thing from the album "B-Sides 1980-1990" by U2 Surf stop: textSOAP

Technorati Tags: , ,



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At any rate, it'll be better than than caricature, which bears a strange resemblance to LKY.

6/23/2005 12:42:00 AM  
Blogger the virgin undergrad said...

o.m.g...'hai nam gong deh boh how mor?'..blame it on the inferior genes we inherited.

6/23/2005 04:31:00 AM  
Blogger sharon said...

ha ha ....you are really lao hiao. i understand your hair is your crowning glory but i couldn't help laughing. anyway, have you tried hair tonics which induces hair growth.

6/23/2005 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger alicia said...

Can always say that you have a high forehead?

6/23/2005 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger JD said...

i tend to think that hainanese men are good looking. My Muther told me so. My dad beeming when she said that.

Hainanese men by far in all dailects are the cutest. the hair part, i agree . Its a curse.

Hainanese woman are second chio next to teo chew women . i think
I'd like to thinkother wise.

SookEeeeeeeee~

6/23/2005 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

hey! i'm hainanese too.
but my hair is easy to manage though. :P

6/23/2005 11:34:00 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

Ya la, hamsem la.

6/24/2005 09:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home