Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Hot Goss and little else


Update: Oh no. Things have gotten out of hand! What drama! So essiting! FYI, Xiaxue has deleted and replaced the post that this entry links to, so don't bother clicking there. But if you want to read what she's made of Fiona 'closing down her blog', it's here. Will Fiona close down her blog or not? Mr Miyagi takes no chances and cuts and pastes Fiona's last post:
Wednesday, January 19, 2005 dear friends this is seriously getting out of hand and out of line . i am shutting down this blog and moving it to personal emails . i am saddened by the fact that people have wasted so much time fueling such rubbish instead of using time wisely to improve on their lives . going to zouk or typing here is not a sin and i am answerable to god for my own actions not anyone esle's . the sterotype of going to zouk , getting drunk and sleeping around or actresses sleeping around to get their roles , has to be broken .that is completely untrue . thank you very much for your interest but i think this has gone on too far and i wish for all of you to just concentrate on investing time in people you love and making a difference in their lives instead . god bless and keep you .
And no, I do not drive a Ferrari, and Xiaxue wasn't referring to me when she mentioned a Ferrari, but I'm happy if it came across like that. Alrighty, on with our regular programming...
Nothing like a spot of gossip mongering to liven up a sleepy afternoon. So, go to it! Spread the love! Or lack thereof! I logged on this morning to find the usual two to three early risers visiting this blog had the company of five hundred, scouring the archives for dirties. That could only mean either one of two things: I had been browned, or xiaxued. Turns out, I was xiaxued. (If I had been browned and xiaxued on the same day, this blog would essplode). Xiaxue had read one of the posts here, and I am so flattered, but that's besides the point, where she found one Surf Stop link that piqued her interest somewhat. After going through that said link, she's verified (and who are we to doubt her) that it is, as I suspected, Fiona Xie's blogspot blog. (My colleague Sherlock-san found it on her Friendster profile). The gist of it is this: Xiaxue is mightily pissed at the blatant hypocrisy (or as Fiona calls it, 'hypocriticism') on display, and puts Fiona and, indeed, all of us, on notice. She says there is no room for hypocrisy in the blogosphere. Your readers will sniff you out no matter how tortured your prose and contrived your verse. You want to make a stand? Put your monkey where your mouse is, or something like that! Me? I'll just sit idly and watch the flame wars ensue. Or maybe I'll just fan the flames a little, y'know, just so the satay can cook properly? I'll have Xiaxue know that I hold Fiona in the regard that she deserves, though I'm not necessarily hurt by her opinions of my one-time charge. But I'll admit I did a very bad job of polishing her PR skills. But you know what they say, you pay peanuts, you get elephants. But whatever aspersions that might have been cast, let me say this here once and for all, I did not have sexual relations with Fiona Xie. There. She can say what she wants, but it DID NOT happen. Once again, her blog is at http://deliriousdream.blogspot.com. While we're at it, I find myself agreeing with Xiaxue that the local press is way too nice dealing with media personalities, covering up their sordid dalliances all the time. If this were Hong Kong or Taiwan, once someone knew you were caught in flagrante with Robin Leong during a break in filming One Leg Kicking, well, you'd be doing it again because you'd be so much more famous. And they also say that if you choose a life in the limelight, be prepared to die by the swordfish. All youse celebrities and media types, google yourself now, there is nowhere to pretend to hide. We are talking about youse! Yes, you too, Steph Song, you are 34 years old this year, was once married, and is now away in L.A. because you didn't back the incumbent! Watch out, starlets, wannabes, cannotbes and neverhasbeens, the Revolution is under way! We will champion our versions of the truth! We will be standing on top of Caldecott Hill burning copies of 8 Days and iZhouKan! OK, I have to go. Frothing at the mouth is not a good look. ... but there once was a menage a trois between.... two.... and one.... and then.... Sunday Lalala... Sunny Day, Sweepin' the clouds away, On my way to where the air is sweet...
Surf stop: You think leh?
iTunes' party shuffle is playing a copy of: Yellow Roses - Ry Cooder - Chicken Skin Music, of which I have the original CD and therefore didn't steal music.


12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for double comments and thanks for adding a B infront for your emu so that I know you are not my boss...wahahaha..yeah mediacorp sucks with all their propaganda...

1/19/2005 04:07:00 PM  
Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

You are such a media slut!

1/19/2005 04:14:00 PM  
Blogger redshot said...

The price of fame (and too-apparent-hypocrisy -- lethal combination). For what it's worth, I almost pity the poor girl. It's a cruel (cyber)world out here.

1/19/2005 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger zeenie said...

Wah lau eh, i catch no ball leh, so confusing. Can someone explain this post in simple english? hokkien or teochew orso can. 10-Q

1/19/2005 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger None said...

Found her blog too, 2 weeks ago from her friendster, which not much people know too (yah friendster...sorry guys......hehe).

I won't slime FX, as i find her ok in person (and i dun mean the looks...tats something else to discuss about. haha) the other time i met her in a photo studio.

Nor would i slime wendy...which her opinions i pretty much agree (anything else except about FX...haha), although i do not know XX personally.

I wonder how FX would retort...issit gonna be a warzone? XX vs FX ...hmm...

How many more celeb blog sites are out there?
(besides mr.brown and mr.miyagi *Jedi mind trick - no u shall not detect my shameless flattery* )

1/19/2005 05:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I want to know is this..... Do you really drive a Ferrari :P?!??!?!?

1/19/2005 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger .: aGent X ::.. said...

jia you xiaxue, jia you xiaxue...
eh...wrong channel!
see lah....look at what car-back-seat-photo has done :P

1/19/2005 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Mr Miyagi said...

No I don't drive a Ferarri, but it rhymes with one.

1/19/2005 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger zhi yang said...

we gonna give kudos to the fiona fans to think up of this play of her name, feeohna. But nowadays, it's so easy to imitate anybody on the net, so we wouldn't know who's real and who's fake.

anyway, congrats to be xiaxued (where did that term come from anyway?). do globbed one of these days. =P

zhiyang.net

1/20/2005 12:52:00 AM  
Blogger Wei Ting said...

Hm....Maserati?

Just want to chip in my two cents. Or two words. Fiona Who?

Well okay after doing a google search I get the idea. Too many years away, ang-moh sai lah, hor. But like, alamak, so eng!

The flip side of course, is that it makes for good local flavoured gossip. Which I am of course guilty of indulging in too.

1/20/2005 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger Mr Miyagi said...

Aiyah, Xiaxue, it was adding to my allure! I drive a car that rhymes with Ferrari, I drive a car that rhymes with Ferrari!

1/20/2005 05:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah leow wey why so much heartache and pain over this little matter? why? why? god f**k my a** and call me a monkey!!! please!!!

1/21/2005 03:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home