Friday, July 01, 2005

In sickness


It was a heavy day at work today, and not a very good day for that. In between work commitments, I put my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath. My legs burned, my back ached, and there was a pain in my chest. I drove to the servo, buying a sweet beverage and a Mars Bar, which was just as well, because it was a long, tiring drive home. Mars Bars are comforting stuff. When you're thinking about stuff and stuff. I came home and my legs burned, my back ached, and there was a pain in my chest. I put my hands on my knees and tried to catch my breath. There are more than a thousand different strains of influenza, and different strains affect people in different ways. You ache, your head throbs, your nose leaks, and your general feeling of malaise makes you indifferent to everything around you. Dining at the Imperial Dining at the Imperial Cafe & Pub, McCallum Street I've Got You Under My Skin from the album "When I Look In Your Eyes" by Diana Krall

Technorati Tags:



8 Comments:

Blogger tscd said...

I have heard that soluble paracetamol in coffee (the real kind, not decaf) is great for getting over influenza.

7/02/2005 02:06:00 AM  
Blogger misunderstood said...

rest you need, and you must.

7/02/2005 02:45:00 AM  
Blogger Sandra Ng said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/02/2005 05:38:00 AM  
Blogger Sandra Ng said...

Hey you. Have a good rest. Get well soon. *hugz* :)

7/02/2005 05:39:00 AM  
Blogger None said...

get well soon!

7/02/2005 07:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess no touch this Sunday - get well soon so can play next weekend!

Want some Turkish Coffee for your paracetamol?

7/02/2005 08:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon nab. I thought I saw you at Wheelock place just now, if that's you.

7/03/2005 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger kachuaz said...

more than that no. actually.

mutations of the strains all the time.

7/03/2005 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home